You can send orders, claims and others communications from the system as emails. This help topic explains how to edit and set up email templates for use within the Finance and Serials modules.
- Log in as a Library Admin user. Note that you will need to have the Finance Admin role, specifically.
- Click on Library Admin, then Finance.
- Under Tools, click Email Templates to open the Configure Email Templates screen, as below.
- Click Add New to create a new template. This opens the Add New Template screen, as below.
- To edit a template, click the Edit (pencil) icon at the end of the relevant row. An Edit Template screen with the same fields will open.
Enter information into the fields as follows:
- Template ID: enter a unique name for this email template.
- Scope: select whether this template will be used for Orders or within the Serials module.
- Message Name: Enter the name of this template so when you are looking for it in drop-down list you will recognise it. It could be the same as the Template ID above or a longer description.
The following 4 fields all have basic text formatting like bold and italics.. You can also click the <> button to switch to an HTML code view.
- Subject – the subject of the email message
- Header – an optional header section separate from the main body text
- Body – the main text of the email
- Footer – an optional footer section
- Signature – choose which signature to use for this email. To configure the signatures, use the Signatures authority list.
- Notes – enter any useful notes, purely for your reference. They will not appear in any messages.
Click Save to finish.