This help topic explains how to add and edit Frequency types for subscriptions. You will use Frequencies when you set up a subscription to indicate how often new issues/parts should be expected. A variety of Frequencies are supplied with KnowAll Matrix by default, but you can add to and edit these.
- Log in as a Library Admin user.
- Note that your account must have the Serials Admin role, specifically.
- Click on Library Admin, then Serials.
- Under Authority Lists, click Frequencies to open the Frequencies authority list, as below.
- To add a new Frequency type, click the Add New button. This opens the Add New Frequency window, as below.
- To edit an existing Frequency, click its name on the list, or the pencil (edit) icon at the end of the same row. A similar window will open.
- Enter a name for the Frequency in the Frequency field.
- Choose the Interval Unit from the drop-down menu – e.g. day, week, month. This determines the measure of the Interval Length.
- Enter an Interval Length (the units being determined by Interval Unit)
- If necessary, adjust the Number Predicted. This is the numbers of issues/parts predicted when this Frequency is chosen for a subscription.
- If necessary, adjust the Days Between issues/parts.
- The Days Grace field can be used to adjust the number of days after the due date before the system starts reporting a part as overdue.
- Enter any Notes for your own reference.
- Click Save when finished.