This help topic explains how you can enable, disable, and change the order of the AutoCat data sources for bibliographic data and images. When you catalogue a title using AutoCat, you’ll be presented with various possible data sources – you can select a specific source, so that KnowAll Matrix will only consult that source, or you can use the ‘Any available source’ option, so that KnowAll Matrix will try each listed source in turn.
Note that, when selecting ‘Any available source’, KnowAll Matrix will always check the sources in a fixed order – from top to bottom. Therefore, it’s useful to arrange the sources in order of preference. For example, a legal library may prefer to have Wildys at the top of the list, as it will then always be consulted first.
For additional AutoCat configuration options, see the article on configuring AutoCat.
This feature was introduced in version 1.1.14 (November 2021).
Changing the Autocat data sources
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- You will need to be logged in as a user with access to the Configuration menu on the top toolbar. If this isn’t visible, please contact an admin user or Bailey Support.
- Click on Configuration, then Catalogue.
- Under Tools, click AutoCat Data Sources to open the AutoCat Data Sources setup screen, as below.
- Sources currently in use are shown in the right hand column (Selected Data Sources).
- Sources not in use are shown in the left hand column (Available Data Sources).
- To enable a data source, click and drag it from the left to the right column (or click the + button).
- To disable a source, click and drag it from the right to the left column (or click the – button).
- To change the order of the sources, move them up/down within the right hand column.
- Remember, the data source at the top will always be consulted first when selecting ‘Any available source’.
- Click Save Fields when finished.
Changing the AutoCat image sources
AutoCat performs a separate search for images, and so an image may be obtained from a different source than the bibliographic data. To configure the image sources, go to Configuration > Catalogue > Tools > AutoCat Image Sources. Note that the configuration tool works in exactly the same way as described above for AutoCat data sources.