This help topic explains the various options available for configuring how the AutoCat works, and what information it obtains from its online sources.
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- You will need to be logged in as a user with access to the Configuration menu on the top toolbar. If this isn’t visible, please contact an admin user or Bailey Support.
- Click on the Configuration menu, then the General menu.
- Under the Settings header, click System Parameters to open the System Parameters (Settings) screen, as below.
- Click on the drop-down menu at the top of the screen and select AutoCat to display only the AutoCat settings (shown above).
- Click the pencil icon at the end of the relevant row to change a setting.
- Review the available settings:
- AutoCat Data Sources: Lists the source databases used for AutoCat information. These can be edited, but please consult Bailey Solutions before adding new sources, as they may not work. Re-arranging the order from left to right will change the top to bottom sort order when clicking the Download button.
- AutoCat Image Sources: As per Data Sources, but for images only. AutoCat may be used to obtain images for existing titles (hence the separate parameter).
- Can Select AutoCat Source? Set this to ‘true’ if you want to be able to specify from which online source you would like to get AutoCat data. If you set this to ‘false’, you won’t have to choose a source. Instead, when you select the ‘Download’ button, AutoCat will search through the available data sources in turn until it finds a match.
- Include Contents? Set this to ‘true’ if you would like AutoCat to download a table of contents. If available, AutoCat will add table of contents data under the title’s Texts tab. Set this to ‘false’ if you do not want AutoCat to add table of contents data to your catalogue records.
- Include Reviews? Set this to ‘true’ if you would like AutoCat to download reviews. If available, AutoCat will add reviews data under the title’s Review tab. Set this to ‘false’ if you do not want AutoCat to add reviews data to your catalogue records.
- Include Subjects? Set this to ‘true’ if you would like AutoCat to add subjects to your catalogue record and add new subjects to your Authority List. Set this to ‘false’ if you want to maintain control of your subject taxonomy within your system and you don’t want AutoCat to add new subjects to your Authority List. In particular, if you have set Can Select AutoCat Source? to ‘true’, we recommend that Include Subjects? is set to ‘false’, because subjects will be obtained from different sources and you will end up with inconsistent subjects in your subject authority list.
- Restrict Publisher List: Set this to ‘true’ if you would like AutoCat to add the publisher name to a title only if it finds a match in your Publishers authority list. If no match is found, the publisher name will be skipped. Set to ‘false’ if you want the publisher name to always be included, but beware of multiple variations of the same publisher’s name being added to your Publishers authority list.