This help topic explains how to configure the Check-In/Check-Out screen. For instructions on accessing this function, please see the relevant help topic.
The Check-In/Check-Out function is designed for a library computer that is only used for check-in and check-out purposes. Once you click on this function KnowAll Matrix opens a new window with the other menu items removed. The concept is that you can leave the computer with only this screen showing.
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- You will need to be logged in as a user with access to the Configuration menu on the top toolbar. If this isn’t visible, please contact an admin user or Bailey Support.
- Click on Loans, then Check-Out/Check-In Options. This opens the Check-Out/Check-In Options screen, as below.
- The options available are as follows:
- Home Page Header Text (text field): type here to change the page header.
- Home Page Sub Text/Message (text field): type here to change the page subheading. Useful if, for example, you need to give your users more detailed instructions on what to do.
- Page Time-out (numerical field): the number of seconds that the Check-Out/In screen is allowed to be idle, before the system automatically switches back to the Check-Out/Check-In home page.
- How do users identify themselves? (drop-down menu): this is an important option to consider for both usability and data protection. There are three options; users can enter their username, scan (or type in) their user barcode, or choose from a list of all active users. While the drop-down list is convenient, there is also the potential to publicly expose a list of system users (if your site is open to anonymous users), so please consider this carefully.
- Show Item Helper (tick box): if this is switched on, then the user doesn’t have to need to know the barcode – they can search for the item based on its title. If this is off, then users must enter the barcode (by scanning or otherwise) to be able to borrow the item,
- Show ‘Do Loan’ and ‘Do Return’ buttons? (tick box): if this is switched on, the user must click the green Check-Out/In button to confirm the loan/return. If this is off, then they must only enter valid user and item information; the loan/return will then be processed automatically.
- Display ‘Confirm…’ Pop-up Box (tick box): if this is switched on, a final pop-up confirmation window will appear, forcing the user to confirm again that they want to process the loan/return.
- Show ‘Success’ Pop-up message (tick box): if this is switched on, a pop-up window will appear once a loan/return has been processed, confirming the successful processing. If it’s left off, then a message will still appear on the main Check-Out/In screen, but it will be more discreet.
- Borrow another (tick box): if this is switched on, the system will remain on the Check-Out page upon completion of a successful loan, ready for the user to enter more loans. If off, it will return to the Check-In/Out home page.
- Return another (tick box): if this is switched on, the system will remain on the Check-In page upon completion of a successful return, ready for the user to enter more returns. If off, it will return to the Check-In/Out home page.
- Click Save Changes when finished.