This help topic explains how to create an order for a new resource or title that isn’t yet catalogued in your system.
Ordering a new title
- Log in as a Library Admin. Specifically, your account must have the Finance Admin role assigned.
- Click on Library Admin, then Finance.
- Under Orders, click Add New Order to open the Add New Order window, as below.
- A cursor will appear in the ISBN field. Scan, type, or paste in the ISBN of the title you wish to add. Then, click Download from and choose a data source (or “any available”).
- If matching data is found, title details will appear in the Selected Title field, as shown below.
- If no match is found, you will need to close this window and manually catalogue the title first, then return and search for the title by typing in the Select Title field.
- Complete the remaining fields as required.
- Order No. is a free text field.
- Date Ordered and Date Expected are completed automatically based on today’s date, but you can change them as required.
- Choose the Supplier from the drop-down list. If the required supplier is missing, you will need to add them through the authority list [LINK]
- Enter Supplier Instructions as necessary. These are any instruction to the supplier that relate to the whole order, e.g. ‘must be delivered as one shipment’. Any notes written here will be included on the order.
- Choose the user that this order was Requested By, Authorised By, and/or Ordered By from the drop-down lists of users, as required. Note that you must select a user with an account in KnowAll Matrix.
- Click Confirm when you’ve finished to move to the Edit Order Item on Order screen, as below.
Complete these fields as required:
- Quantity: enter the number of copies required
- Gratis?: tick if this is a free copy
- Delivery expected date: this is auto-filled for you, but you can select or type in a different date
- Price per unit: enter the price of the item.
- Category: select the correct purchase type in order to categorise this order. If you need to add or change categories, use the authority list.
- Discount: enter any percentage discount allowed.
- Membership No.: enter e.g. a professional membership number required to claim a discount.
- Requested by/Authorised by: select the relevant person from the drop-down list. Note that they must have a user account in KnowAll Matrix.
- Requirements: enter any instruction to the supplier that relates to the this title. Any notes written here will be included on the order.
- On approval: tick if this title is being ordered on an approval basis
- Notes: enter any notes for your own reference. These will not be included on the order.
Click Save & Continue to proceed to the Allocate Title Copy/Copies screen, as below.
- Select the designated location for your new copy from the Location drop-down menu. This list is drawn from your Locations Authority List.
- Click Save & Continue to proceed to the Allocate Budget Code to Copy screen, as below.
- Place ticks next to the copies you wish to allocate a code to, then click the Allocate Selected button to open the Allocate Selected Budget Detail window, as below.
- You can skip this step for now by clicking Save.
- Select the correct Account Year from the drop-down menu.
- Start typing the budget code into the Budget Code field, then select the right budget code from the search results. If you need to add or amend the codes, use the Budget Code Authority List.
- Click Continue when finished to return to the Allocate Budget Code screen.
- Click Save to then proceed to the Edit/Update Order screen, where you can continue to amend, add to or send the order.