In our KnowAll Matrix system, “Circulation” is all about the routing list for circulating serial or journal issues to your readers. If your looking for circulation in terms of lending then try “Loans”.
A circulation list is a list of readers / users who have indicated that they would like to read the issues as they arrive. You can create a circulation for each copy of a title in your library. This help topic provides an overview of the Circulation List By Item screen, which you can use to create and modify circulation lists. You can also contact the people on the circulation list.
Note that when you choose to edit a circulation list on Quick Check-In, you will be taken to this screen.
Accessing the Circulation List By Item screen
- Log in as a Library Admin user.
- Your account must have the Serials Admin role, specifically.
- Click on Library Admin, then Serials.
- Under Circulation, click Circulation List By Item to open the Circulation List By Item search screen, as below.
- Start typing the name of the item you wish to edit the circulation list for. A list of close matches will be displayed – click on the correct one to continue. (Take care to select the correct copy.)
- This opens the main Circulation List By Item screen. An Add Recipients button will appear. If the circulation list has any recipients, they will be displayed.
Adding recipients on the Circulation List By Item screen
- Click the Add Recipients button below the search field. There are three options:
- Add a single Recipient – to add a single recipient
- Select multiple Recipients – to add multiple recipients at once
- Clone another Circulation List – to either add the recipients on another circulation list to this one (append), or replace the recipients on this list with those from another list.
Add a single Recipient
- Click Add a single Recipient. The Add Recipient to Circulation List window opens, as below.
- Select a Recipient from the drop-down menu. Note that you can search for recipients by name (as shown below).
- You can Specify what position to add the selected Recipient on the list. Change the number to indicate the recipient’s position. Note that you can always change it later.
- Place a tick against Contents Page if you wish to print a contents page for this recipient.
- Click Add Selected to finish.
Adding multiple Recipients
- Click Select multiple Recipients. The Add Recipient to Circulation List window opens, as below.
- Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and click to select the recipients you wish to add to the list.
- Click Add Selected to finish.
Cloning another Circulation List
- Click Clone another Circulation List. This opens the Clone Circulation List window, as below.
- Firstly, select the Circulation List you want to clone from the drop-down menu. They are sorted alphabetically by title – start typing the name to search. Be careful to select the list for the correct copy.
- Then, choose how you’d like to clone the chosen list:
- Append – the recipients on the selected circulation list will be added to those already on the list you’re working on
- Overwrite – the recipients on the selected circulation list will replace those on the list you’re working on
- Click Clone Selected to finish.
Using the Circulation List By Item screen
- When your list is populated, a series of options for editing the list and contacting the recipients will be available.
- Click the Remove All button to remove all recipients from this list.
- Click the Email Recipients button to compose an email to all recipients in a separate window. An option to use your own email application is also provided.
- Use the up/down arrows to change the position of a recipient on the list.
- Click the head/shoulders icon to view further information about that recipient.
- Click the email icon in line with a recipient’s name to email just that recipient.
- Click the minus symbol in line with a recipient’s name to remove them from the list.
- Click the toggle under Content Page to enable the contents page for that recipient.