This help topic explains how to block anonymous users or guest users from accessing your library system. If you don’t allow anonymous users or guest users to use your system then users must login using a username and password before they can Search or Browse your Catalogue or access any other functions. This can be useful if you wish to lock down your system for security measures or other reasons.
Blocking anonymous access
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- You will need to be logged in as a user with access to the Configuration menu on the top toolbar. If this isn’t visible, please contact an admin user or Bailey Support.
- Click on Configuration, then Security.
- Under Login & Security Options, click Login Options to load the Login Options screen, as below.
- To disable anonymous access, place a tick in the box next to Login required? (highlighted above), then click Save Changes.