This help topic explains how to grant or remove access to menus and menu items for specific user groups. This can be useful if, for example, you do not want certain user groups to have access to data that might be sensitive or confidential, or you want to hide certain admin functions.
Granting/removing menu access to specific user groups
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- You will need to be logged in as a user with access to the Configuration menu on the top toolbar. If this isn’t visible, please contact an admin user or Bailey Support.
- Click on Configuration and then Navigation.
- Under Menu Editor, select OPAC.
- To select an item on the left hand side, click on it. Sometimes you may need to click on it a second time.
- The right hand side of the screen will display the properties for the item that has currently been selected, listed under Menu Item Attributes. In the above example, the Library Admin item on the main OPAC toolbar has been selected.
- Permission settings are not listed here. To see and edit them, click on the Edit button in the bottom right to open the Edit Menu Item window (below).
- The Edit Menu Item window will open on the Common Attributes tab by default. To see the permission settings, click the Roles & Permissions tab (as above).
- Within this tab, simply un/tick the box next to the appropriate user group to grant or remove access for that group.
- Click Save Changes.