This help topic explains how you can change the terminology used when searching the OPAC, both via the Search screen and the Search homepage gadget. This can be useful in configuring the system to suit the needs of your library users by, for example, adding explicit instructions to the search boxes, or adjusting the field names to terminology with which they may be more familiar.
Changing the Search terminology
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- You will need to be logged in as a user with access to the Configuration menu on the top toolbar. If this isn’t visible, please contact an admin user or Bailey Support.
- Click on Configuration, then Language.
- Click Vocabulary & Terminology under the Language header to open the Vocabulary & Terminology screen, as below.
- Click on the drop-down menu at the top of the screen (“Select a data entity”) and select Searching from the list. The screen now only displays terms related to searching (as below).
- Note that the Value column has the term as it appears to users of the system.
- To edit a searching term, click the pencil icon at the end of the row. This will open the Edit Vocabulary & Terminology window, as below.
- Enter your new term into the Value box, then click Save Changes.