This help topic explains how to change loan notices. These are the messages that will be sent out automatically by the system to borrowers on, before, or after a loan’s due date. They include loan reminders as well as overdue loan chasers.
Changing loan notices
- Log in as a Library Admin user.
- Click on the Library Admin menu, then click Borrowing / Loans menu.
- Under the Loan Notices header, click Configure Loan Notices to open the Configure Loan Notices screen, as below.
- This screen displays a list of the loan notice types with the following columns:
- Loan Notice Name: the name of the notice type, normally self-explanatory.
- Comments: a description of the notice’s functionality.
- Enabled: whether this notice is enabled, as denoted by the tick box.
- Days Overdue: this is the number of days after the loan due date when the notice will be issued. Negative numbers show that it will be issued before the due date.
- Click on the notice’s name in the Loan Notice Name column to edit it. Or, click the pencil icon at the end of the row.
- This opens the Edit Loan Notice screen, as below.
- Change the text in the NoticeID and LoanNoticeName fields to rename this notice type. The Notice ID must be unique to each notice.
- To change the notice email, type in the following fields as required:
- Message Subject: this forms the subject line of the email message.
- Message Header: this is the first line of the email that addresses the recipient. The above example contains “Hi”, to which the name of the recipient is automatically added.
- Message Body: the main message text.
- Message Footer: the closing line of the message.
- Enabled: tick or untick to enable or disable this notice type.
- Days overdue: use the up/down arrows (or manually type in the field) to adjust the number of days before or after the due date of a loan that this notice will be issued. Entering a negative number will result in the notice being issued before the loan is due (good for reminders). Entering 0 will result in the notice being sent out on the due date.
- Message CC: enter an email address here to have the notice sent to that email address alongside the borrower’s. The second email address will be visible to the borrower.
- Message BCC: as above, but the second email address will be hidden.
- Click Save Changes to save.
- There is also an Add New button on the Configure Loan Notices screen. Click this to create a new loan type. This will open the same Edit Loan Notice screen, but you will need to start again.