Circulation List Review Memos can be sent to your library users in order for them to be reminded of the titles they receive, and easily give feedback as to whether they’d like to stay on the circulation lists. This help topic explains how to create and print circulation list memos, and how to edit the text that appears on these memos.
Creating circulation list review memos
- Log in as a Library Admin user.
- Click on the Library Admin menu, then click Serials.
- Under the Reports header, click Circulation Review Memos – all to open the Circulation List Review Memos report screen, as below.
- Note that there is also an option for Circulation Review Memos – by recipient. This functions identically, except that it only creates a single memo for a user that you select
- This screen allows you to check the memos by scrolling through them. Click the Print button when you are ready to print. Note that when printed, each recipient’s memo will start on a new page.
Editing circulation list review memos
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- You will need to be logged in as a user with access to the Configuration menu on the top toolbar. If this isn’t visible, please contact an admin user or Bailey Support.
- Click Configuration, then General. Under Settings, click System Parameters to load the System Parameters (Settings) screen, as below.
- To quickly find the correct parameters, type ‘circulation’ into the search box in the top right (“Search within results”), as shown below. The system will automatically display close matches.
- There are two parameters that allow you to change text on the circulation list review memos:
- ReviewMemoFrom: this denotes what appears next to From: on the memos.
- ReviewMemoText: this is the text that appears on the memo directly above the list of titles, e.g. asking the user to check the list.
- To edit either of these, click the pencil icon at the end of the row. This will open an Edit System Parameter window, as below.
- Enter your new text into the Value field, then click Save Changes.