This help topic explains how to enable and configure the Reservations functionality in KnowAll Matrix. Reservations are part of the Loans functionality, and they allow users to place reservations for items that are on loan, or (optionally) in stock. Alert emails will be sent to both the user and the library when a reserved item is returned to the library. For instructions on how to configure these emails, see the help topic on configuring loan notices.
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- You will need to be logged in as a user with access to the Configuration menu on the top toolbar. If this isn’t visible, please contact an admin user or Bailey Support.
- Click on Configuration and then Loans.
- Under Loans Options, click Borrowing Options to open the Loans/Borrowing Options screen, as below.
- To enable reservations, place a tick in the box next to Reservations enabled? at the top of the screen.
- Further options for reservations are as follows:
- Allow users to reserve items via the OPAC?: allows library users to place their own reservations
- Allow reservations for in-stock items?: allows reservations to be made for items that are not on loan
- Display the ‘Reserve’ button in results?: enables the Reserve button in search results, making it easier for users to quickly place reservations
- Click Save Changes when finished.