This help topic explains how to generate statistics and reports on usage of the OPAC by your library users. The reporting is aggregated data and individual user names are not shown.
These reports allow you to see the searches performed by users on weekly and monthly basis and other date ranges. Reports are also available which show the breakdown of usage by department and location but this data is only available if users have been logged in when they performed searches.
Using the OPAC Report Generator
- Log in as a Library Admin user. Note that you must have the OPAC Admin role, specifically.
- Click Library Admin, then OPAC, then Usage Report Generator (under Reports) to open the OPAC Report Generator screen, as below.
- Click on a searching report type on the left to select it. You can generate reports sorted as follows:
- By user department
- By user location (based on the location assigned to a user’s account in KnowAll Matrix)
- By user type (anonymous or logged in – only these reports will include data on searches made by anonymous users, i.e. users who did not login.)
- Filtering options appear on the right when a report is selected. These always include a date range, but reports sorted by user department or location will also allow filtering by those respective attributes.
- Clicking in the From and To fields will open a calendar, allowing for the easy selection of dates.
- Click View Report to open the report, as below.
- Click Print to print the report immediately.
- Click Save As and then either Save as PDF or Export to Excel to export the report to a PDF or Excel spreadsheet, respectively.