This help topic will describe how to re-position and hide menu items on the main (OPAC) menu.
Editing menu items
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- You will need to be logged in as a user with access to the Configuration menu on the top toolbar. If this isn’t visible, please contact an admin user or Bailey Support.
- Click on Configuration and then Navigation.
- Under Menu Editor, click OPAC to display a hierarchy of all the relevant sub menus. These relate to the main menu in the header bar, e.g. searching, browsing etc.
- Expand one of these to reveal the different options available in that menu.
- In the example below, the Browse menu options are being displayed (on the left hand side of the screen).
- To select a menu item for editing, simply click on it. Here, “By Media Type” has been selected. Sometimes a second click is required but not always.
Moving menu items
- If you wish to move a menu item up or down in a list, select it and then use the up/down arrows below the list of attributes on the right hand side. In the example, below, “By Media Type” has been moved higher up in the list of Browsing options…
- …Which is visible to OPAC users when they click on the Browse menu.
Hiding menu items
Rather than deleting menu items, we recommend that you hide menu items instead. Hiding items allows you to re-instate them at a later date, if needed.
- Select a menu item as described above.
- Click the Edit button below the list of attributes on the right hand side.
- This will display the Edit Menu Item window as below.
- To make the selected menu item invisible, simply remove the tick from the Visible? box, then click Save Changes.