This help topic explains how to retrieve a list of all overdue loans so you can quickly return or renew individual loans or simply review them.
Viewing a list of overdue loans
- Log in as a Library Admin user.
- Click on the Library Admin menu, then click Borrowing.
- Under Loans, click Overdue Loans. This will open the Overdue Loans screen, as below.
- The list on this screen shows key information including the copy item details, the date borrowed, and the original date due. To sort the list by any of the columns, click on the up/down arrows in the relevant column header.
- A search box is provided in the top right to search within the list.
- To quickly renew a loan from this screen, click the renew arrow icon (the circular ‘recycle’ arrow) at the end of the row. This will open the Renew Loan window (as below); click Renew Loan to confirm.
- To quickly return a loan from this screen, click the return arrow icon (the arrow pointing right) at the end of the row. This will open the Return Loan window (as below); click Return Loan to confirm.
- Note that returning or renewing a loan will remove the loan from this screen.
- To block a borrower from renewing or borrowing the same item again, click the block (‘no entry’) icon. This opens the Block Item window, as below. Click Save to confirm.
- To email the borrower, click the mail icon at the end of the row.
Viewing a list of users with overdue loans
- Log in as above.
- Click on Library Admin, then Users.
- Under Users Admin, click Library Users A-Z to open the Library Users A-Z screen, as below.
- Click on the drop-down menu directly under the page title (‘Live Library Users Only’ is selected by default) and choose Library Users with Overdue Loans to view a list of users with overdue loans, as below.
- Click on the number in the Current Loans column to view a list of that borrower’s current loans.