Subscriptions in KnowAll Matrix contain all the information about a serial, recurring or ongoing service, like journals, e-journals, law reports, newsletters, newspapers, bulletins, current awareness alerts, looseleafs, encyclopaedia, and pay-as-you-go items. You can set-up a subscription using Create New Subscription in KnowAll Matrix. The final step of the wizard gives you an option to review the subscription’s predicted issues/parts and amend them as required. You can also go back to this list of subscriptions screen at any time through the Serials menu. This article explains how to find and use the Subscription Issues list.
Accessing the Subscription Issues/Parts screen
- Log in as a Library Admin user.
- Your account must have the Serials Admin role, specifically.
- Click on Library Admin, then Serials.
- Under Subscriptions, click Subscription Issues to open the Subscriptions Issues/Parts search screen, as below.
- Start typing the name of the title that the subscription is for (as shown above). Choose the correct subscription from the list of close matches to move on to the Subscription Issues/Parts screen.
Using the Subscription Issues/Parts screen
- Predicted issues are shown in order by date expected (ascending) by default. Click the up/down arrows immediately to the right of a column’s header to re-order by that column.
- Click the Edit button to change subscription details such as the description, supplier reference, renewal date and status.
- Click the Change button to change the subscription setup [LINK].
- Click the edit (pencil) icon at the end of a row to change details about that issue (such as description, date expected and date received)
- To check in specific issue(s), place a tick on the same row(s) as the relevant issue(s), then click Receive Selected. You will be asked to enter the Date Received.
- To mark specific issue(s) to claim, place a tick on the same row(s) as the relevant issue(s), then click Mark to Claim Selected. You will be asked to confirm.
- To mark specific issues to be ignored, place a tick on the same row(s) as the relevant issue(s), then click Mark to Ignore Selected.
- To delete specific issues, place a tick on the same row(s) as the relevant issue(s), then click Delete Selected. You will be asked to confirm.