This Help Topic explains how to change the status of copies. The copy status is important because it controls whether the copy is revealed to library users in the web OPAC catalogue searches.
You could permanently delete Title, Copy and Copy Item records, however this would delete all Loans, Serials and Finance information linked to the record. Instead, we recommend that you hide a copy from library users by changing the copy status so you can keep the historical information associated with the record for your consultation.
How to update Copy Status
- Log in as a Library Admin User.
- Click on Library Admin Dashboard.
- Click the Catalogue menu.
- Select List all Copies.
- Search for the relevant Title by typing in the first few letters of its name.
- Click the pencil icon to the right hand side of the Copy record you with to update.
- In the Status Type field use the drop down list and select a new Status.
- Click the green Save Copy Details button to save your work.
- The changes to the Copy Status will also affect whether or not associated Copy Items are shown in the Web OPAC when library users search or browse.
How to check and edit which Status Types show in your OPAC
If you want to check or change which Copy Status records show in the OPAC, review your Authority List for Status Types as follows:
- Select the General drop down menu.
- Under the Authority Lists subheading click on Status Types
- Review the Show on OPAC? check box column
- If you need to edit a status, click on the pencil icon at the end of the row.
- Tick or un-tick the Show on OPAC? check box
- Save changes
See also: Deleting titles, copies and copy items