This article explains how you can view and remove the blocks that you or another library admin user have created. When a loan is blocked, a specific borrower is prevented from both renewing a loan and attempting to borrow the same item again. Library admin can create blocks from both the Items Currently on Loan and Overdue Loans screens. You can also pre-emptively block using the Blocked Loans tab on the Copy Item Details screen.
Viewing and editing Blocked Loans
- Log in as a Library Admin user.
- Click on Library Admin, then Borrowing.
- Under Loans, click on Blocked Loans to open the Blocked Loans screen, as below.
- This screen lists each block with the borrower, date the block was created, and item involved.
- Note that the unique barcode of the specific Copy Item is listed in the Blocked Item column. It is only this Copy Item that the borrower has been prevented from borrowing.
- To delete a block, click the delete (bin/trash can) icon at the end of the relevant row. You will be asked to confirm.
- Click the pencil/edit icon to add or change the comments against a block.
- Click the mail icon to compose and send a message to the borrower.